What are your sachets made out of?
Our tea sachets are made from Polylactic acid, also known as PLA. PLA is not made from grains with gluten, but sugarcane which is gluten free by nature; non-toxic and eco friendly.
Our sachets do NOT contain any of the following ingredients:
• celery(not include seed)
• corn or corn products
• egg or egg products
• food grade pigment
• gluten (wheat, barley, rye, triticale, oat, spelt wheat) milk or dairy products
• peanut or peanut products
• seed or seed products poppy, sunflower, sesame)
• crustacean, mollusk
• soybean or soybean products
• almond, Brazil nut, cashew, chestnut, hazelnut, macadamia nut, pecan nut, pistachio, pinon nut, walnut
• wheat or wheat products
In addition, our sachet material and fabric is BPI certified; complying with the specifications established in the American Society for Testing and Materials standard in accordance with the terms and conditions of the “International Biodegradable Products Institute, Inc. Licensing & Certification Program for Consumable Products.”
At Two Leaves and a Bud, we are keenly aware that tea lovers are concerned about the environment because we share those concerns! We strive to make our tea and packaging environmentally friendly, despite the added costs. We make extra efforts, exceeding any requirements, as it is part of our mission and dedication to play a positive part on earth.